Sunday, June 15, 2008

Run

Bought new running shoes. It is time.

1.3mi in 11:02
1.2mi in 8:35

Very hilly terrain. The first quarter-mile is at least a 30degree incline. My knee felt okay, but my shins were a bit unhappy with the steep decline running (I lengthened my stride, so I knew that it would put stress on my legs). It was hot, and I had not had much water all day so I was fairly uncomfortable. Especially because this is the first legitimate run I've done in several weeks--jogging a cut or two in a game doesn't count, nor does the breif jog I did after MCUDL the other night, because it was 3/4th of a mile at most. I'm hoping that the time I took off helped more than I felt like it did while taking it, because I was feeling all sorts of weirdness--hamstring tightness, knee discomfort, and heel pain were the most common. I think my body doesn't deal well with being sedentary, so it is time to take a more active approach to recovery.

2 comments:

Brian Li said...

talk about how i owned lu wang in the scrim on saturday

Lu Wang said...

that is false. remember how i layout D'd u prior to the start of said scrimmage?

yes, i recall this.