Saturday, July 19, 2008

Get in shape.

3x(15 backhands, 15 walking lunges, 15forehands)
rest
1mi in 6:37 (3:34, 3:03)
rest
1x400m in 107.66
rest
1x400m in 106.16
rest
Sprint-throw drill: 7 discs are arranged along the front endzone line of a football field, 5 along the 5yd line, 2 on the 10yd line, 1 on the 15yd line. A folding chair is set up as a target on the back line of the endzone (10yds away from the nearest disc). Start at the 15yd line, sprint to a disc, throw it at the target, sprint back to the starting line, repeat. Alternate between forehands and backhands. Finish is a sprint back to the 15yd line and a hammer to the target. Total yards run: 330

My throws were awful during the first "drill". I felt tight and weak stepping out to throw, but I made sure to make a real fake before each throw. My throws in the final drill were much better, and I hit the target with a flat throw on each one (the hammer was on target, too). I was really tired though, and was having a hard time running in my final cuts. After the workout, I long-snapped for my girlfriend's younger brother, and then tried to catch his punts. I missed most, but got a couple. It was pretty neat, and makes me think a little more about cross training.

No comments: