Monday, August 03, 2009

Draft League Quarterfinals

I made my worst Draft League appearance ever at maybe the worst possible time. We faced off against the Angus/Bryant/Schank/Kimmelman team that we had beaten while savage, and this time we had Jackson, Frenchy, and Stoddard--in other words, on paper it looked like an easy win. But these guys had a rough time in our last matchup, with multiple drops in the endzone by Bryant, who is almost always money in the bank. In fact, he was tonight--even when the mark forced fast, low, blading hucks, they still connected on almost all of their deep shots. We, on the other hand, did not. I think I had five turnovers, three of which were straight turfed forehands to open cutters (two in the endzone!). Multiple bad hucks by all our throwers, people failing to make plays on offense and defense...I don't think I could overstate how poorly I lived up to my own expectations, but we also failed as a team. The other guys played well, deserved to win that game, and did by a decent margin. Whoops!

No comments: