Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Breeze Workout, Car Crash

Did some footwork and positioning drills before talking team business over beer and pizza at the coach's pad. On the way home, our car got hit from behind as my co-captain was driving and we slammed into a pickup truck on New York Ave just inside the District. Nobody was hurt in the accident but we were pretty shaken up, and the cars were pretty busted.

After getting out and walking towards the cops I fell into a storm drain where the grating was missing a bar, and didn't stop falling until my knee got caught in the grate. The bars scraped all the skin off both sides of my knee and bruised the hell out of my hamstring tendon.

This is the third major injury I've sustained in two months, and two of them had nothing to do with playing or training. Frustrated does not begin to describe the season.

No comments: