Thursday, June 29, 2006

Oops

I did the 3mi run again today. I then paced out the distance in the car, and I will now be able to take lap times for each mile that I run. The total run is actually 3.1mi, and today I completed it in 22:38, which is 7:32 pace. The first mile is the absolute hardest: 0.2 down a steep grade, 0.1 flat ground, and then 0.7 up a crazy hill. It took 7:46 for that leg. The rest of the run is up and down hills of varying difficulty, except the last 0.2mi is back up the ridiculously steep grade that I jog down at the start of the run. Taking out the first mile and the last 0.2 uphill, I ran two miles at 7:09(.5) pace, which is not bad at all. Running up the hill at the end is freakin' hard, by the way (I should find the rise in altitude and figure out how steep it is).

Afterwards, I was supposed to do plyometrics (oops), but instead I went and cheered on my dear in her swim meet. I think I finally figured out what's wrong with my ultimate, so I'll post more on that tomorrow.

No comments: