Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Run and Throw

Did the 3mi loop today in 23 minutes exactly. Ran with music, but I'm not sure yet if that helps or hurts.

Had a summer league game as well, which was pretty unexceptional. I had a couple d's, but I also got d'd and my hucks were all too low and short (one was still caught for a goal). We were outmatched in height and speed, and the other team was more cohesive by far. Our players, at times, didn't know what the force was, or what play we called on the line; we still have to grow together as a team. I am half regretting the choice to be captain, and I am really looking forward to being a freshman again.

After the game, I sprinted 3 cross-field down-and-backs. I completed the first with good speed, feeling fast, but the second and third were slower and more difficult. I know that I have to concentrate on distance and endurance right now, but it was nice to throw a couple sprints to mix things up. My program will last ten weeks, and I can't wait until the second half, where I concentrate more on sprinting, agility, and throwing (the first five weeks are endurance and strength training).

No comments: