Wednesday, August 22, 2007

5v5

Moving up again, to 5v5 this time, almost a full field. It was a "practice" for the high school kids, but really we just threw around for 10 minutes and then scrimmaged. I felt strong, but my competition was fairly low aside from Lu Wang. Two of the new captains picked teams, and I felt that they were fairly even. They had the height and more individual talent, but I feel like I brought some cohesion to my team. Plus, Andrew was with us, and he's pretty quick and very skilled--glad he's coming to Rutgers.

There wasn't much team defense, and some of the younger kids just don't have the experience to play hard man-to-man. I do think I played excellent D on Lu, though--very physical, I put pressure on him and didn't give much up. I dropped one pass, but otherwise I played good team offense. My goal for the scrimmage was to be a non-leader on the line by making sure the captain told us what to do on O and D each point, and to do exactly what was asked of me strategically. I think I achieved this goal. It feels good to move progressively closer to real Ultimate. I can't wait for Chowdafest this weekend.

60mins yoga

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you eat dick.

Anonymous said...

agreed

gapoole said...

You're chickenshit. You don't faze me.

andrew!andrew! said...

I'm starting to think all anonymous's are one entity

and they're all assholes