Friday, August 17, 2007

Feeling Better

2mi in 13:55 (7:10, 6:45)
60 mins yoga
2mi in 14:08 (7:08, 7:00)

On the way back, I ran on the train tracks for about 0.8mi. The tracks were much more level than the route I usually take, which rolls over steep hills, but the tracks were not a sure surface for running. Wooden slats, strewn with rocks--I'll probably not run along them again, although the flat ground was pretty nice. The last 0.1mi, however, is again a steep incline. The only way to get to my house that does not involve going uphill would instead take me well out of my way.

This workout was somewhat encouraging. Perhaps I am merely finding my moderate pace again, but either way I am more confident about the shape in which I will enter the fall season. Within a week, we will be planning with much more detail our practice schedule, the home tournament, the high school tournament we plan to host, and our tryout plans. It is a very exciting time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glenn, please don't run on train tracks. Who are you, Gordie from "Stand By Me"?


So which team do you speak of is hosting a high school tournament? The Hills? Schmutgers?


And congrats on the baby sister!

gapoole said...

Anonymous, why do people not sign their name when they comment? It's a little annoying. How am I supposed to know who is concerned for my safety?

Rutgers will be hosting a juniors tournament this fall, the details of which I will post soon.