Saturday, December 06, 2008

Pickup, Lift

Buccleuch Pickup, took a break to go house-hunting with other guys from Machine, then got back in time to play 8 more points before everybody called it quits. Felt pretty good, break throws were working but my regular throws were a bit off. I didn't get the chance to make any bad decisions deep, and maybe threw one huck at the most. I caught a few, though, threw some goals and scored some as well, tipped a huck but didn't get the D, played good defense on a quick new player, got boxed out of for a huck to me that bladed short. Moved the disc pretty well, and was overall satisfied. I've been feeling lately this pent-up aggression, and it isn't the first time. Fencing used to be a good outlet for me in the winter--I got to fight and stab people every day. Endurance workouts aren't really an ideal outlet for me because they're more about pacing and enduring pain, rather than causing it. I'm looking forward to the next phase of the journey.

After pickup, DB and I hit the gym:

12 pullups
6 pullups
8 BB hang pulls, 55lb
8 BB pulls, 55lb
active rest: incline situps
8 BB deadlift to hang pull, 65lb
20 vertical leg-raises (partner throws legs down)
15 vertical leg-raises
32 situps (every other 4 are to alternating sides)

Later, 100 pushups. 20 for getting boxed out, 20 for not getting that D, and 10 for miscellaneous. 50 for failing a teammate on his own time--even a receiver drop is a thrower error.

2 comments:

Ariel Jackson said...

Who's looking to live in the frisbee house next year?

gapoole said...

Frenchy, DJ, Dave H, Dimtsios, Riz, Andrew Lu, and Eddie. Possibly more if we get a large house. I want this new kid named Abe to join us, but he's not sure what he's doing.