Monday, December 31, 2012

Yo-Yo Test

Took out the measuring tape, counted off 65'7", cued up the beep test on my busted iPod and tackled the pre-season fitness assessment for Inside Rakete. We're using the Yo-Yo Intermittent Recovery Level 2 assessment and it was my first time doing the test, so my performance was a little disappointing. But, to be fair, I was doing it on a wet stretch of asphalt in near-freezing temperatures. I made it to level 16, also known as stage 14.5? for a total of 640m. I would say that I can't wait to give it another go, but it's supposed to be a vO2max test and maxing out isn't always fun. Their formula for estimating vO2max from the beep test, incidentally, puts me at 54.0 mL/kg/min. It's a far cry from what I tested back on 12/13/10 but we'll see if I can't improve it over the next few months.

No comments: