Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Indoor

Was originally planning on a sprint workout, but Ronnie Eder invited me to play indoor so I went out to Armory after happy hour.

Showed up part-way into the first game against the B-Marsh/Colleen team, didn't get too many opportunities to go head to head with Brian but did some stuff. We won by a few points?

Second game was against Calvin, Kevin Chiang, Dustin, Pez, etc. I thought on paper there was no way we'd take it, but apart from a string of over-the-top goals to Calvin, we really controlled the pace of the game and wound up winning by 8ish.

Apart from playing poorly in the air - skied once each by B-Marsh, Calvin, and Kevin - I think I did my thing, to the extent my thing could be done with the broad skill level represented at the Armory. Had a few nice connections with some of the ladies, including a couple deep balls. Armory is weird. Not sure if I'd like it for a full season, but it was good to run around - definitely got a good sweat going.

No comments: