Sunday, July 02, 2006

The Longest Run

Yesterday, I ran the longest distance I have ever run.

~6.8 miles in 57 minutes. Average estimated mile time of 8:38, or 7.16 mph. The final two miles were completed at a significantly faster pace, but I had no timing device on my person--the iPod ran out of power with 3mi to go, and I had to rely on my start/finish times to figure out those averages.

It was surprisingly easy, at the end. The third and fourth miles were unpleasant, but I expected that. I think I will step up my workout plan (after today's rest) to include longer distances; two 3mi runs, for instance, rather than one 3mi run, or perhaps even ten miles at a time. Of course, I'll soon be integrating track workouts and interval work, so we shall see.

I'll take a two-day hiatus for a road trip to North Carolina, where my uncle and I are going to pick up my brother's car and drive it back for him. Catch you on the flip side.

No comments: