Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Lift

Whew! Lifting all this light weight is making me tired. Speaking of which, I found an accurate scale. As of tonight, I weigh 146 pounds. I exceeded my weight-gain goal for the semester, and all of it was lean muscle mass.

8 pullups
7 chinups
8 wide grip pullups, 80% body weight
short ab circuit
3x6 hang cleans, 95lb
6 hang cleans, 100lb
6 deadlifts 135lb, 4 deadlifts 205lb, 2 deadlifts 225lb
clean and jerk: 3 at 115lb, 1 at 125lb
farmer's walks: 2 at 45lb

The final rep of hang cleans at 100lb took 5 tries. Deadlifting 225lb was difficult, primarily because my hands didn't want to hold the bar, but also because it was not easy to sustain intra-abdominal pressure. Gotta work on that. The last two clean and jerks took two tries each for the jerk portion, and it's a little scary to lose control of the weight like that. During the second farmer's walk, I dropped the weight in the middle, and dropped it repeatedly right near the end--but I was taking a longer circuit this time. Lifting is a lot more fun now, and I feel my heart rate rise a lot when I'm doing the olympic lifts. It feels good to work hard.

2 comments:

808 said...

Man, I wonder if there's any correlation at all between sandbagging skill level (which leads to less field time) and pushing strongly to recruit more women for 4:3 Ultimate. Anyone? Maybe? I better investigate!

I'll get back to you with my results =)

808 said...

It was around 39 for the scrimmage against Journeymen. What a great replacement for practice, playing a game against a bunch of old farts.

My roommate/teammate freshman year broke my (right) collarbone as I was making an upline dump cut. I was out for two months and picked up lefty backhands pretty quick. It's stuck since then, I think I can rip it 50-60 yards now on a good day.

Did you kids get into Vegas.