Saturday, December 22, 2007

Like A Wimp

I tried Tabata intervals for the first time tonight.

First, I tried pushups. I got through the first two sets with regular pushups, had to switch to girl-pushups halfway through the third, but still couldn't do anything past the beginning of the fourth. Total muscular exhaustion in my upper arms. I wussied out.

Then, I did Tabata squats. This was hard, but I pushed through it and did the full 8 sets. My legs felt like lead for a while afterwards, but by the end I felt more confident and less wimpy than I had after failing the Tabata pushups.

Afterwards, once my arms had had some rest, I did a few more sets for arms:
2x8 pushups, 3x8 bench dips, 2x4 uneven pushups, 8 skull crushers 20lb
3x8 misc. shoulder raises

I also went ice skating. That counts for cardio, right?

No comments: