Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Lift

Mixing it up a little today...

Pullups: 2, 1 at +25, 1 at +30, 1 at +35, 2 at +20lb
2 pullups at +20lb, then 6 pullups
5 clean and press 95lb
5 pullups
5 clean and press 95lb
5 pullups
4 clean and jerk 115lb, 1 clean and jerk 125lb, 1 clean 135lb

I couldn't finish that last clean-and jerk--135lb was a lot, and it took multiple tries just to get the clean. I kept trying for about half an hour, but eventually admitted to myself that I was pretty drained and would not be able to do it today. I also threw in some static holds--frog stand, mostly--but not much. I was trying it out because I think I want to add a lot more static lifting during the off-season and the endurance phases of my training. As for my current phase, I feel more like I'm throwing different things at my body and not really moving in as clear a progression as I did in the fall. We'll see how it changes things. Ultimaxx is this weekend, so the plan is to lift tomorrow morning, run on Thursday, and hopefully get a little swimming in on Friday before we head down. Isn't it fun to be your own personal trainer, without the experience or monetary compensation that a trainer has?

No comments: