Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hills, Winter Indoor League

4x200m sprints uphill
30 minutes throwing in the cold

Indoor Winter League game. 5v5, we lost 9-12.

I felt better than I thought I would, got a couple of D's and moved the disc well. I also squeaked a couple throws through and made one crap forehand huck--stopped disc, nobody was really moving, so I tried to hit the tall kid deep because he was covered by a girl. Unfortunately, what I put up was a blade too short to reach the kid and it got eaten up pretty quickly. I felt pretty good getting open when I needed to, especially by faking out my defender and making a short cut near the disc, but my teammates usually weren't looking for what I gave them. I'll have to figure out what they are looking for. I really liked taking it to the house--most of the hucks to me that weren't OB were goals. I think my team has less depth overall, but I hear we're picking up Walt so that should help. We do have height on our side, which is nice.

No comments: