Monday, January 12, 2009

Swim

Some laps in the pool, some stretching while in the water, and a few lessons from my girl on how to swim more efficiently (mostly how to breath for freestyle). Then I did a couple laps trying to take as few breaths as possible, and finished up with some water polo passes while treading water--she plays for BC, so I was helping her practice passes before the season starts. It was a lot of fun, and I think it may have been good for my thumb as well. Catching single-handedly and having to palm the ball puts some light stress on the joint and requires application of force, and that's what I need to be working on.

Speaking of which, I've been doing my thumb exercises almost every day, but haven't kept track--the exercises are not easy to describe or even really useful to record. Suffice to say I've been working to get my hand back in shape by our first spring tournament, and I plan on strengthening both hands after the left catches up a bit.

1 comment:

Lu Wang said...

does caitlin still play frisbee?