Monday, May 18, 2009

Draft Game 1

vs 7 (blue). But we're dark blue, and I think there's another light blue team...interesting. The first half was very close. First point, disc is centered to me and the disc left my hand without my intending it to, so...handblocked on the defending goal line. Then I got broken (inside-out forehand) for the goal. Ouch. After that we traded, went up two breaks and took half with the other team right on our heels. The second half went much smoother for us--despite some execution errors (perhaps none so egregious as mine in the first point), we were able to win going away, 15-9 or so. I remember seeing a lot of good disc movement--when things stagnated, we often got a dump to a swing and then a yardage-gain. Defense was pretty good, although they gave us the disc more often than we got blocks. I got skied twice on bad bailout throws (the dude was much taller than me). I got a nice D on the second pass of their possession, a run-through block near the goal line. I threw some goals, but overthrew one of our girls at least three times on wide open deep looks. Figured it out by the end of the game, but damn. I need to dial it in.

Overall a fun game, and I think the team will be competitive.

A League tomorrow!

p.s. ~45 minutes of throwing with Porter before leaving for MCUDL. Was supposed to be a Watchung JV practice, but apparently they all had better things to do. I can't imagine what.

No comments: