Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A-League Game 1

vs Mudsharks. Sort of like yesterday's game in that we started out trading, going down by a few (4-7?) and then running off four straight to take half. In the second half of the game we pretty much rolled on defense...then gave up a few points near the end before winning 15 to ~12. The mostly played zone D, so I got some handling in and threw a couple sweet hucks (including the game-winner!) plus one bad one, but I also got downfield a good deal. Getting downfield is one of the main reasons I decided to play for the Illuminati this summer, so that made me happy and I hope I can continue to get reps cutting. The other big reason is I wanted to step up my defensive game, and I felt pretty good today...got several deep D's, put decent pressure on cutters...a good start.

After the game, I did a deck of cards with Frenchy. Pushups, squats, squat-thrust-jumps, and full-body crunches. Finished in 10:24, but we had another guy flipping cards for us so that helped cut time out. I also went for speed, which is why I replaced burpees with squat-thrust-jumps. I also went fast on the pushups--the grass was long, so my range of motion was somewhat less than full, but I figure this workout is more about busting out the reps anyway.

No comments: