Sunday, February 27, 2011

Hellfish Bonanza

Woke up bright and early Saturday morning and wished that the weather was better. Whooped on JMU B, lost on dgp to William and Mary, sucked against a very tall Va Tech team, slept during the bye while listening to new find Pretty Lights, then faced--wait for it--NYU. A surprisingly encouraging loss on dgp, lots to work on but the potential is there. Oh, and it was a barn burner as usual.

Speaking of which, my minivan nabbed gyros and burgers and beer at Dave's Taverna, then got ready for the barn party that JMU throws every year. I had heard good things about this tournament party and it didn't disappoint. Pregame was a shot of everclear chased with everclear/Monster, then beer and lots of BID House Blue at the barn, shots of Cream sprinkled throughout. Solid party music in the beginning, a solid live band and lots of dancing. I crowd-surfed for the first time, danced with the Rutgers and TCNJ women's teams, slapped Frenchy in the face repeatedly and in general had a good night of drunken carousing. Yakked in the bushes next to the hotel front entrance, eventually found my way to a bed and woke up still drunk.

Warmed up late and fought off the drunk, never ran into the hangover (somehow). Walked over Richmond, went toe to toe with Maryland for the first half but somehow found a lot of ways to make it to the endzone and not score. Sucked in the second half. Jake the Jake and the Jive Turkeys bagged our final consolation game so we hit the road and got home pretty early.

I worked on my defense, bid a few times and got 6 or 7 D's throughout the weekend (including 2 or 3 that were thrown right to me). A few bonehead turnovers and a drop but my break throws were on point and I didn't force too many hucks. Not sure how Easterns Qualifier will go next weekend, but I'm happy that my knee held up over the weekend so I should be able to get back in the groove of workouts and practices.

No comments: