Monday, October 31, 2011

Eintracht Training

I'm not really feeling the leadership. I agree that it's important to learn to throw with touch...but I'm not really interested in perfecting my air-bounce backhand. That was what we did for the first twenty minutes of practice. The next twenty minutes? Blades. Okay, so it's indoor. But still.

But there was thirty or so minutes of scrimmage at the end and the drills weren't all bad...just not really my cup of tea, strategically speaking. Plus with the beginners I get good practice having to attack discs on the edge of my sphere of catchability. I also met Jared, a player from Denver who picks up for a week with whatever team is in whatever city Cirque du Soleil happens to visit (he's one of their lighting techs). Nice guy, interesting job, pretty cool way to see the world.

No comments: