Saturday, April 26, 2014

DC Current - Season 1 Game 3

Up at 5am, out the door and cramming into a car with five other dudes for a 5:30am trip to the park and ride where our 6am bus to Boston was waiting. After a couple stops to pick up Baltimore players, breakfast, and lunch, we finally arrived at Hormel Stadium around 4pm. I threw with Freddie for a while in the drizzle while the rest of the team played cards or handball in the locker room, and at 5pm we cleated up for the warmup. 7pm game time and it was a sloppy one.

We started on O and scored, then broke for 2-0 before letting up a score and two breaks. 7-9 half and a bad third quarter, game ended 12-17. I played around 3 points, all on the D-line covering Rebholz. He threw one blade flick goal but otherwise neither of us were really involved--my line never got the disc.

Afterwards jawed with Sachin and my parents before scavenging crusts from the pizzas my teammates ate without me, then enjoyed several beers before the bus ride back home. Got back just after 8:30am on Sunday, totally wiped out.

No comments: