Saturday, July 11, 2015

Breeze 2015 - Game 14, Season Recap

7-5, 15-9, 19-14, 27-19 vs Rochester Dragons
3 assists, 3 goals, 3 turnovers

Over the course of the season, finished with 15 goals and 26 assists, 16 incomplete passes (including receiver drops) and 3 drops of my own, plus 3 blocks for a plus/minus of +25. I played just over 47% of the points for games I was active in, with a 60/40 split of offense vs defense. My offensive lines were just over 60% efficient, D-lines over 35% breaks. I scored almost a third of my lines' points (32.3%) and 16% of the team's total goals for games I was active. Completion rate was 93% and catching rate 98.6%. Averaged a plus/minus per game of over +2. Second in overall assists, top five in plus/minus, points played, and points scored. Sixth in completions, top ten in goals.

All of this on a team that finished 0.500, averaging 21.3 ppg and holding opponents to 22.9 ppg (in games I was active). We went undefeated against all teams that didn't make the playoffs and never beat any team that made the playoffs*, though two of those losses (to Montreal and New York) were by only one point each at home. I was inactive for that game against Montreal, and that one point loss against the Empire ended on a lightning advisory.

Overall, a gritty season. I don't know if we reached our team's potential, and I certainly don't think I played to the best of my ability in every game, but we finished with two strong performances and I'm excited about the team's future. There's a lot of fuel for me to keep working during the club season and through the winter. BUH-BUH-BUH-BREEEEEZE.

*Pending final team finishes, but since Ottawa needs two wins against Toronto to steal the third playoff spot I'm pretty confident in going ahead and making the statement.

No comments: