Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Joga

Run 2mi in 14:55
60min yoga class
Run 2mi in 13:40

Best 2mi time yet. My legs felt like water on the way to yoga, and like rubber on the way back. That flow yoga class is actually fairly difficult. I've only taken it twice, but both times I had had something difficult the day before that made me tired and sore. I enjoy the stretch and the challenge, though, and I think it is beneficial in at least a couple ways. For one, I generally can't stretch to reach my toes after a tournament or hard couple days of Ultimate. The yoga really pulls me out a little, not so I feel loose but so I feel limber. It's nice. Plus, we work on balance, control of the body's movements, and overall strengthening of the quads, gluteals, abdominals, and shoulders. The hamstrings got a much needed stretch today, because they have been bothering me for the past week (since I did those deadlifts last Monday, then kept working them in games).

I'm fairly content with what I've been doing to keep in shape over the past week. I skipped a track workout yesterday, but I had the tournament on Saturday, srimmage on Sunday, and a game yesterday that was harder than it should have been. Time to go do some light back/bicep/abs.

5 pull-ups, rest, 3 pull-ups
3 sets of 8 bicep curls @15lbs
32 alternating crunches, legs on chair
16 crunches, legs on chair

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

fuck you

gapoole said...

What brave soul anonymously leaves trash on my blog? Either man up or swallow your grievances.