Sunday, July 15, 2007

Philly Invite

Drove down to Pippin's house this morning, met up with NYNJA, now also called Project Mayhem, and received my new jersey. We rode down the rest of the way to the fields, stood around waiting for Won to send word from the captains' meeting about what field we were to play on, and finally walked through the dewy grass and small white mushrooms to the field we would stay on all day (score!). 2min warmup and I'm game ready. We take half 8-3, I assist 6 of those points and score one of the remaining two. I was on fire for this game, if I do say so myself...my throws were tight, hucks connected, moved the disc well. The team as a whole dropped off the intensity in the second half, allowed them to claw back, but we put it away 15-13ish. Second and third game were much of the same, playing a great first half and then slacking off a bit in the second, winning by smaller margins than we ought to have had. The last game was sort of brutal, I started having a bunch of mini-cramps, where one muscle or another would seize up for two seconds and then be fine, so I never took an injury sub but it freaked me out. It's really early in the morning so I'm gonna go to sleep and maybe update this recap tomorrow, after I help out at the YCC practice instead of helping my team win their division.

Personal Stats: (Assists.Goals.Blocks.Throwaways.Drops::Fantasy)
Game 1: 8.3.5.3.2::+11
Game 2: 1.1.1.1.0::+2
Game 3: 2.3.1.1.0::+5
Game 4: 3.0.1.5.0::-1

+17 Fantasy for the day.

No comments: