Sunday, July 01, 2007

Track 1

I skipped my first three planned track workouts of the summer. Basically, I was either busy or lazy, and never had a running partner to go with me--the guys who said they would do it weren't around. But Brian got back today, and he called out Bryan, and we headed to the track for a workout.

1 lap warmup, brief stretch/dynamics
1mi in 6:02 (1:28, 1:29, 1:30, 1:25)
200m in 27.7, 200m in 29.7

The first 200m is lowballed, because I was using an iPod to time and clicked the button one step before I crossed the line. Close enough, though. During the second, I felt drained--I could tell my muscles were growing sore as I ran, and it slowed me down. After I crossed the line, my vision started to white out, which hasn't happened in a long time...it worried me, so I didn't do the rest of my 200s. The first time it happened was fall of freshman year during one of the team's practices. We were doing short sprint repeats, and after a while my head started to swim. After finishing a set, I looked over to the other end of the field where the girls' field hockey team was practicing; they were all wearing bright yellow uniforms, and gradually the bright yellow radiated off the girls into the air around them. My entire field of vision became a sunburst, I couldn't see anything and I felt woozy. Totally new experience for me, at the time, so the captain had me sit out and drink water. This time, I did the same thing...we were all pretty tapped out, so we walked for a bit and then threw.

We practiced hucks...my shortest were 45yds, longest forehand was 65 and I hit 75 with a couple backhands. The wind was moderate, enough to force me to hold good form if I wanted any decent looking throw. I was pretty happy with my backhands, although the wind stole some of my consistency. I felt awkward with my forehands, and after a while my elbow and shoulder started to hurt. Seems I was trying to force it, so I have to remember to not do that. Afterwards, we call came back to my house for a protein smoothie. Love that stuff. I should probably get back to the track tomorrow, to get back on track with my workouts.

No comments: