Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Skylands

vs Blue.

Game started out fine, I was fairly confident about beating this team. They have two old handlers and a couple fast guys of medium height. They also picked up Dave's sister, who practiced with Mischief last year, and she was pretty sick. But our team has, in my opinion, more talent colelctively...so I was only moderately surprised to find ourselves up 8-6 at half. Pei was giving us a lot of trouble by poaching in the lanes, nowhere near her matchup. I think the problem was, if we were a real team we would recognize it and adjust by cleaning up our offense so that a poach would be more obvious and the deep space would be open for the poached player. Instead, we just hit the dump/swing--which was actually working pretty well, but you still need cutters to make things happen. We cut each other off in the backfield, though, and then there were some poor decisions. I got skied early on by some short fast dude after the huck to me floated...and that sucked.

After the half was a little better, at first. We brought it to 11-8, then our offense crumbled. Two different people dropped pulls, somebody dropped the disc in the endzone, and we started to throw the disc away. I put line drive hucks out the back of the endzone, and shitty hucks to covered receivers. I wasn't the only one, though...throwing into poaches, break throws to nobody, a lot of poor decisions. So they brought it to 12-13, we traded for a 13-15 loss.

Blech. I don't want to think about it anymore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ugh, shake it off. Sorry I couldn't be there. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make Wednesday either.