Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Lift, Practice

2x20 free squat 45lb
20 free squat 75lb
3x20 single leg calf raises

First practice of the season. Between 50 and 60 attended, and it seemed to run smoothly enough. Introduction, warmup, throwing, then a cutting drill in which I was one of the two throwers. My hucks were mostly solid, with a few floaty and a few forehands that bladed, but I was pretty happy with most of them. My passes to in-cuts were fine, but didn't feel perfect--I expect that I will get closer to that "just-right" feeling soon. Then we broke into 6 teams for scrimmage. My team had Andrew, Bryan, and Jared, plus 10 guys that were fairly new. I was impressed with the understanding of the game that some of them had, but not very impressed with the application thereof. They were better than I expected, though. I had maybe two turns, both from hucks that were definitely catchable. I had several other hucks that felt buttery, and I moved the disc well in general. My defense was tight enough, but I'm still worried about blocking the disc with my left hand--it just hurts too much. This really only becomes a problem while marking, but I stayed active enough--and it was scrimmagey enough--that it wasn't actually a problem.

All in all, a good night. I finished up with some tossing with two of the new guys.

No comments: