Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Lift, Practice

6 pull-ups
15 bench press, 45lb
12, 8, 6, 6 bench press 85lb
2x15 isolation curls 15lb
15 hammer curls 15lb

I would have done more on the bench, but I didn't have a spot and was afraid to push another rep at the end of the last two sets. At practice tonight: warmup, throwing, dishy drill, redemption, and scrimmage. Dishy was tiring--I am not so much sore from the tournament as tired, and there is definitely a difference. Scrimmage was okay, I overthrew Jay on a couple of his dump/swing cuts, but I took a balanced approach between throwing to receivers and holding back, working it with the handler motion. We had a line of around 40 people for redemption, and I lost in the finals to Joe K. who is just too lanky to stop. It was fun, though--and I felt like the newer players could start to see that, although they weren't heckling enough for my taste. I think redemption requires much heckling, and I surely did my share. At the end of practice, we did an ab ladder with pushups, and that was excellent but tiring--I had to really work to finish all the pushups, after doing bench today. Probably because I'm not stellar in pushups in the first place. I also did 20 squat-jumps, but refrained from the squat-thrusts and squat-thrust-jumps (burpees?) because my wrists hurt.

I'll post a tourney recap when I get around to it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could you explain this "dishy drill"? - Jesse

Anonymous said...

how do you bench 45 pounds? like dumbbells? isnt the bar 45 pounds.

gapoole said...

Exactly. You bench the bar. It's a warmup.