Monday, March 09, 2009

Anti-HOTI

So, with HOTI cancelled we had the weekend to ourselves...NOT! Saturday pickup was mandatory for A-teamers, and a solid group of Others (including, gasp, girls from the RWUF team) came out to Buccleuch for some rousing pickup. I tried to play a lot, but didn't always have good energy. I probably did some cool things and some dumb things, but I don't really remember. Afterwards, I hit up Brower and then headed over to the B-team tournament going down on Busch Campus. I watched them lose games for the rest of the day and evening, then finally put my cleats back on for their last game--a rematch against UDel-B. With either me or DB on the field (but never both at the same time) we shut them out in the first half of a game to 11, before they asked nicely to go home without having to finish the game. I just think it's cool that adding one more handler to the line makes the B-team that much more successful, so I'm pretty psyched to see those guys step their game up and come to the A-team next year.

We hosted a party at the apartment that night, which started out slow but became legit before too long. I tried to go to bed somewhere around 5am. Funny enough, the party didn't even seem to be the major reason why so many people failed to show at our (required!) Sunday practice. We had 11 dudes by the end, and though it was a small group we got to work on skills with a little more focus and attention--clearing space and man-to-man defense were the priorities of the practice. It was challenging, I was already feeling beat from Thursday and Saturday, but easily one of the most useful practices of the past couple months. It's too bad more people weren't there to benefit from it.

No comments: