Thursday, March 05, 2009

Team Workout, League Chumpionships

We started out with two separate 1.5mi fartlek runs, at roughly 2 minutes off / 1 minute on. We fit in four hards for each 1.5mi lap, with some walking rest between them. I hit this hard, especially on the second lap. Afterwards, back into the gym for some plyos. With no rest: 10 forward/backward line hops, 10 side-to-side line hops, 10 squat-thrust-(tuck-jump)s, 10 split jumps. 2x3x40yds bounding. 4x40yd full speed sprints, with rest. The sprints were easy, the plyos a good hard set, the bounding too hard on the shins and calves.

Chumpionships went surprisingly well for my team, we went up by a lot early on and keep the lid down to win by double digits. I goaded Pippin into calling for jump balls whenever I was covering him, but he pretty much dominated me until the end of the game, when he got greedy for a goal and came up over me to grab a blade, twisting his ankle on the landing. It wouldn't be funny, except before the game we were joking about trying to end as many seasons as possible that night, and I said he'd be fine because he had plenty of time to recover before the club season. Okay, maybe it still isn't funny, but he did ask for it. I played well on offense, moving the disc and notching some goals/assists. I played a lot of points, especially in the second half, felt alright overall but I knew I'd pay for it later.

No comments: