Tuesday, September 01, 2009

First Pickup

I am hopping in anticipation of the upcoming season. Though it will be short, I plan on making the most of every moment I get. I hope to be transitioning from my current job to a mixture of part-time work and tutoring so I can be in New Brunswick for practices. I'll be able to put more time and energy into preparing myself for the Series as I fight to earn more playing time on Pike, and mentally I'm going to have the wonderful challenge of leading Rutgers as well as I can before leaving for Germany. My departure date is still up in the air and I'm debating on how long to push back my trip, depending on which tournaments fall on what weekends, but I know the trip is something I want to do even as I regret the semester I'm missing at Rutgers. Being at pickup, and then afterwards going to Brower, I was the happiest I had been in a while and at the same time very chagrined that I would not be attending classes or spending my nights on campus. I can't wait to see what the team looks like tonight at practice.

No comments: