Saturday, June 16, 2007

Alumni Game

The Watchung Hills Warrior Ultimate Alumni Game. We had a great turnout from the alumni, including all the primary seniors from my freshman year. Some notable alums were missing, but we had 12, and that was plenty. The '06-'07 team was missing one starter and another strong senior defender, but I doubt it would have made much difference. The alums rolled to a 7-1 lead, then took half 8-3. We won 15-6 I think. The outcome was never really in doubt, although there was some seriously bad Ultimate played at the end of the first half. I put up a lot of shit, throwing deep basically whenever anybody ran in that direction. Some were complete, some were to open receivers whose defenders caught up and made the D on the older, slower alum, and one or two were just shitty throws. Several times, I put up a nice throw to space and the alum cutter just didn't run it down.

I played good defense, but make a lot of poor decisions on offense for the sake of having fun and seeing what would happen. Once the other alums yelled at me for that, I played slightly more conservative and looked off some open cutters, wanting to make sure I didn't turn it over on short passes. Overall, I didn't play well, but I had fun. At the end of the game, I felt kind of let down. It was good to see the guys, but I don't know how many of them actually consider me a friend. They're cool guys though, much love and respect for them. I still can't wait to play real Ultimate, though. I feel like toning myself down, becoming a role player. I need to stop talking on the field, stop talking smack, stop being a jerk. I'd like to let my game speak for itself for a while.

Workout: 1 game of Ultimate (played 15 points?)
10 reps bench 90lbs, 4.5 reps bench 110lbs

No comments: