Friday, June 29, 2007

Skylands

Game 2.5 vs Purple.

Caitlin loses us the flip, we receive with the wind at our backs, but it's almost a crosswind. Somebody else mucks the pull play up, and we get scored on. Caitlin throws me a sweet upline 30yd forehand and I give an easy flick to Jayson for 1-1. We trade, give up a score and break, 2-4. Trade to 3-5. Ominous clouds, a short pull, they come zone. Dump to me, I see Growney and I jack it. It floats, he comes down big over another tall dude and we punch it in for 4-5, pulling into the wind, which at this point has become a serious factor. With difficulty, I keep the pull in-bounds and we get the D, score the break for 5-5. We get the D and Jesse throws to Growney for the 6-5 downwind break. They score downwind, 6-6. We get to the endzone, turn it, get it back. I pick up and throw it away when the wind pushes my backhand out the side of the endzone. We get it back again, Jesse calls time-out as the sky goes dark and we see flashes in our peripheral. We decide to iso Judith, but there are poaches--I get the dump, and break the mark to Sachin (?) for the 7-6 win. Game called due to lightning. We rush to the sideline to grab our stuff as the rain starts pouring down.

I hear the other game waited the lightning out and then played in the rain. I'm glad I got out of there, had a nice evening and skipped another workout. I guess we'll make up the rest of that game later.

No comments: