Monday, January 28, 2008

Team Workout

Our first coach's workout of the season. What a doozy.

First, we did plyometrics. 3x10 for split squat jumps, wall jumps, squat jumps, step-up jumps, step jumps, and riccochet jumps. Next was stations. Three rounds, with five minutes of rest in between each round, 60 seconds each exercise with 10 seconds in between: pivot lunges, skaters, pushups, plank, single-leg shallow squats, sky humps, superman, wall sits, mountain climbers, and pushups (again).

I couldn't do the side planks, especially after pushups--my shoulders were screaming. Supermans were too tough, I couldn't hold them for long. My middle set of everything was not great, and by the end I felt closer to fainting than I am comfortable being. Being sick and stuffy left me pretty dehydrated, so my mouth was frustratingly cotton-dry. I worked through it, though, as best I could. Dr. Goldberg was in my head, saying "here the road forks. Right or left?"

I choose right.

3 comments:

808 said...

We should trade something at Vegas (jersey or shorts). I sure hope you're 5'8" and skinny.

The Pulse said...

Glenn, he's Asian, he clearly wants a yellow watchung jersey. (might be the vicodin talking)

808 said...

Aww, man. I would hope you (and I) have evolved from trading league jerseys. I suppose we'll see next weekend. You can find me on those ass-tastic fields wearing a jersey I clearly shouldn't be sporting.

Ryan: I am Asian and I do like yellow. We should have a lefty distance competition, to be decided at your discretion. Winner gets a free dinner. Rest up and prep yourself for the barrage of "too much happy time?" inquiries