Thursday, January 31, 2008

Team Run

6 miles in less than 52 minutes (I think).
1.5mi splits: 13:45, 12:30, ?, <13:00

My third lap was pretty slow. Next time, I'll bring my own timekeeping device, rather than rely on somebody else's.

I started using some of the mental toughness strategies suggested by Dr. Goldberg at the UCPC. Specifically, thinking about my "why?" and consciousless choosing to keep pushing myself rather than take the easier path. For my last lap, I kept visiualizing a certain opponent running right in front of me, picking up speed at times to force myself to run faster. He also stopped and puked at the (arbitrary) finish line, and I ran a little further. I added that part mostly because I came close to puking myself during the third lap, and even closer near the end of the fourth--coming onto College Ave for the last leg, with bile in my esophagus. In fact, since I'm still battling pseudo-sickness with the runny nose from hell (I blow my nose so often it bleeds), I ended up running with phlegm all over my sleeves. Not pleasant.

No comments: