Saturday, January 05, 2008

Pickup, Lift

Buccleuch Park today was lively. At least 30 people were there, a good mix of high schoolers, college kids, club players, and old dudes. Mostly college players, but the competition was what you look for in a pickup game--strong, not too intense, friendly. I got to put some faces with names I've heard for a while, and that was neat.

I played loose and out of practice, because, well, I am. A few errors here and there--a missed layout goal opportunity, a bad hammer, a throw to the other team, etc. I had at least two decent hucks completed for scores, and I outran/outjumped three defenders for a huck. That felt pretty good. Overall, I wasn't really used to cutting, a problem compounded by the ice field. It was good fun, though, and warm by the standards of January in NJ.

Tabata pushups: 18, 16, 10, 7*, 7*
*girl pushups

No comments: