Sunday, August 31, 2008

Pike Double Practice

Saturday was a good rough practice, lots of punishment. The O team still only shows up around half the time it steps on the field, but at least our good moments are getting better. I know I started playing strong(er) D by the end of the day, but don't remember much else.

Sunday was marred by lower attendance, and I personally stunk up the field for one of the 3-pulls with 2 turnovers--one quail forehand into the wind and a huck to a receiver who was too deep. Then we split into teams based on which players we would or would not want to date our hypothetical daughter, and I was put on the upstanding team. After getting bodied up by a skinny O-line player in the first point while making an in-cut, costing us the disc, I turned up the heat. I played better defense, made a few bids on offense (not real layouts, but good efforts), and started moving the disc like crack in a bad neighborhood. Dishies, dumps, handler cuts, and one sweet forehand huck to Tous. That was fun. My team won the scrimmage by a fair margin.

Afterwards, lunch at Chipotle and a drive through traffic to Turkey Swamp Park, where I paced the fields to figure out how many we can fit for Sectionals. It's getting closer...

No comments: