Thursday, August 21, 2008

Work Sucks

and yet should not be an excuse. Nonetheless, I attribute my workout slump to long hours at my job. Good thing tomorrow is my last day, because getting in shape is a long-term process that requires a more constant committment than I have made recently.

That being said, track workout tonight. I just ate, so hopefully I don't puke afterwards. Either way, I'll post what goes down (or comes up).

EDIT
3x200m with 0:45 rest (29.9, 31.2, 31.1)
2:30 rest
2x200m with 0:45 rest (32.3, 31.5)
2:30 rest
2x100, with 0:30 rest (14.9, 14.5)
4x100m accelerators

I felt awful and out of shape. I did almost throw up after my second accelerator, but held it down. More running is necessary.

1 comment:

Smellis said...

Though i personally prefer the 2 to 3 hour block of uninterrupted working out/drills/practice, I'm increasingly unable to meet those needs. So one thing i would recommend would be to incorporate "exercise" into your daily life as much as possible. Now, there's no substitute for an hour track workout, but one can still refine or strengthen little things. Examples include doing pushups while waiting for water to boil or coffee to be made, taking the stairs rather than the elevator, walking/biking places instead of driving, stretching while brushing teeth or in the shower when normally just standing there. On my recent vacation, when the GF was in the bathroom or whenever i had a free moment, i'd do some pushups, squats, and jump rope. None of which take much space/equipment, but do get you sufficiently sweaty (difficult if you need to be "dressed up" for work).