Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Pike SGW, MCUDL

Before our MCUDL quarterfinals game tonight, I got together with some of the Pike guys for our weekly Small Group Workout. I was coming from my motorcycle class in Ocean County, so I showed up at 4:20pm, sipped some Monster Khaos, and closed my eyes to some music while I waited for the dudes to show up. They did around 5:20pm and we threw around for a while, me working on hucks with Bo, then we got into a warmup and ran through the workout:

3v3 handler motion/defense drill
(half of the) 4 lane cutting drill
3 games to 3 (or -2) mini, with punishment for losses (my team went 2-1)

Then, the quarterfinals game, Rutgers against Illuminati. We were actually getting the disc from them, sometimes from their errors and sometimes from a timely block, and our offense was running alright half the time. I threw a lot of break throws and some hucks, one really nice hammer goal, and I feel like I played solid defense for maybe 75% of the times I had to play D. I got one block after baiting a throw to the endzone--unfortunately, my Pike teammate Rainwater threw the pass. We ended up losing by a fair margin, but I didn't feel so down about the team tonight as I did at other times. Maybe I was just playing looser, not worrying so much, etc, but I'm starting to get back my confidence in my college team's future. Slowly.

After the game, we Pike guys reconvened for:
Tabata burpees: 8, 8, 8, 8, 7, 7, 7, 8
Tabata marking shuffles (these sucked, I didn't know how / couldn't keep count)

Afterwards, we had some team bonding--including an hour looking for my keys on the field in the dark. Once we found them, Applebees and more team bonding. Good shit.

No comments: