Saturday, August 23, 2008

Pike Practice

9am-4pm in Princeton, so I made the drive down without meschaunce and cleated up. Throughout the warmup drills, I felt like I had lost my ability to throw, and was having trouble especially with hucks. During our scrimmages I felt a little better, and generally worked the disc well and played reasonably good defense--perhaps with not enough energy here and there in the longer points, but I'm putting a lot more focus into (O team) D. Practice was tiring, though...before checking the time at 2pm I thought it was closer to 4pm, and so was startled that we had put in so much work already. I could have put more effort into one or two of my punishment-sprints, but I worked hard in every scrimmage and drill. After a while we did that drill where a feeder gives little passes to a thrower cutting in a triangle motion, throwing to in-cuts and out-cuts for 20 passes or so. Once I did that drill, I felt much more on point and in rhythm with my throws, including hucks. During our final scrimmage (where we split the team in halves not O/D), I threw the disc away on the goal line but also threw a sweet huck goal and caught a couple too. Overall, a good hard practice.

Afterwards, BBQ at Kyle's house and throwing discs to crazy people laying out into the pool, sometimes three at a time to fight over the disc. Awesome entertainment, and aparently I need to practice more throws.

No comments: