Thursday, November 15, 2007

Practice Cancelled

So I ran 1.5mi in 10:53 instead. It's been a while since I took a run, so the time is not all that disappointing. I was gonna try to make it to 3mi, but my shins hurt and I didn't want to get splints the night before our scrimmage against CHS, especially with so many people already out with injuries. But 7:15 mile pace isn't that bad. I need to work in some longer runs, now that we are in off-season and the Big Chill 5k race is coming up.

So the plan is now lifts focused on power, lower weight and higher intensity. More ab exercises. Some Tabata work, probably, and a 3mi run here and there. After I run my race, it'll be swimming and yoga for two weeks so my body can rest and recover. With practices ending this week, I'm going to be able to put in more time at the gym.

No comments: