Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Ultimate Christmas

Winter is upon us, and it makes me think of a couple different things. The first is that Rutgers is applying to College TiV this year, and I would love to attend that tournament.

For several years, now, my Christmas wishlist has included mostly Ultimate-related items. First on the list has always been the DVDs from UltiVillage. They do an excellent job at covering the major tournaments (including TiV!). I've seen some of the footage, and it really is the best that's out there right now, in terms of actual game coverage. This year, I also have to add UnderArmour to the list, because mine was stolen at Delaware SHOWdown. Finally, I'm in need of a good stopwatch and interval timer, just to make life easier. The reason I tend to ask for Ultimate-related gifts is that, honestly, I don't usually like to collect stuff. As a kid, I loved to see all the presents under the tree, loved opening packages for hours into late morning and early afternoon. Now, though, I feel a little more grinchy, a little more like my stepdad, who always says "I don't want anything, don't get me anything." I do want things, but less of them I guess. Time with the family and a few nice, meaningful presents is enough.

But I would still take a new car, were anybody to get me one!

No comments: