Thursday, November 01, 2007

Lift, Practice

These exercises are not really in order. I tried to do each set with minimal rest, but I interspersed the curls, RDL, and lunges so it was more like a circuit workout. But here's what I did, overall:

8 pull-ups
6 pull-ups at 72% body weight
8 chin-ups
4x6 DB curl 20lb, 6 DB curl 25lb, 6 DB curl 20lb
8 SL RDL
4x8 SL DB RDL 35lb
backwards box lunge: 8, 2x8 w/ 25lb
forward box lunge: 8, 8 w/ 25lb
8 forward lunge w/ 25lb


Warmup, go-to drill with mark. Next we split into two teams and did scrimmage, stop when the receiving team turns it over. We tried to work on the pull play and then flow into regular offense. We rarely ran the pull play successfully, and scored less than 50% of our possessions. My team's defense was good, though...I felt strong, especially after intercepting the first pass when I was the puller. Then we did a somewhat complex cut/dump/flow drill, which I thought was very useful. I wish we could have added defense, though, after we learned the concept and the rotation. I asked a few people to play defense on me while I made the dump cut, and it made the continuation throw significantly harder (obviously), and I think that is something worth working on against defense. Hopefully we can start incorporating more difficult things into practice soon.

No comments: