Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Climbing the Ladder

30 minutes throwing, focus on touch
2 hours climbing

Then I challenged DB: up a G0 with as few footholds as possible, least wins. He went first and used 7. I went up with 6. At this point, I placed a bet: 75 pushups to 50 he wouldn't make it up in 5. He does. I call double or nothing and make it up with 4. New bet, 150 to 50 he can't do it with only 3. He does it with 3. At this point I'm looking at 150 pushups to be done by the end of the night, so he says it will clear my debt if I can reach the top with only 2. I start muscling my way up, I use only two footholds and got all the way to the top (with a few rests), then scampered up for the final hold--did it with 2. My foot did graze a little nub during the scamper, so on Monday we're gonna go for it again to make it legit, but we agreed it was close enough (2.5) to clear the pushup debt--which is a good thing, considering the circuit workout we have for tomorrow. Anyway, we finished up the night with

15 minutes throwing,
focusing on accuracy and touch from 40+ yards.

No comments: