Thursday, February 19, 2009

Ugh

It's 40 minutes before our circuit workout and I'm laying in bed, clutching my stomache and wondering how long it will take for the pain to go away. A large part of my brain believes that it will not stop hurting unless I go to sleep, and I don't have enough time to fall asleep and then wake up, pack my shit, and get to the gym. So after much debate I decided to lay in bed miserable for another ten or twelve minutes, do the aforementioned things and hopefully show up on time. I did not dress warmly enough and got blasted by icy wind the whole walk there, making me feel even worse. I missed the beginning of the warmup so was only able to get in an abbreviated little thing that left me worse off, or at least my legs told me so. Then commenced the muscle-building things, quad-heavy work that was perfect because, guess what part of my legs hurt the most. 10 reps each leg for step-ups, big step-ups, twisting step-ups, step-downs, calf raises, single leg quarter squats, and then 20 low box jumps.

Then circuits. 2 rounds of 1:00 on, 0:10 rest: jumping jacks, split jumps (fast, not low), pushups, R single leg pumps, L single leg pumps, plank, mountain climbers, wall sit, lunges, calf jumps around the corners of a box. 2 minutes rest, then do 20 reps of each exercise as fast as possible (skipping plank and wall sit).

Then indoor league. I felt sick and sore and dog-ass-tired, but I forced myself around the field on most of our O points, scored a high percentage of them, and played decent D whenever we turned it. Made a couple bad throws, a couple strange decisions, and failed to realize Dono would catch up on the forehand huck to our slow guy. But I caught some hammers, maybe got a D? and had fun, despite the miserableness. We won by "one," although I think we were ahead by a few more early in the game.

Now I regret at least one of those things. I need to rest.

No comments: