Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Dayum, Son

Skipped the sprint workout this morning so I could write a paper. Obviously, I had to make it up this evening. So here is what DB and I busted out before the playbook meeting.

4x(25yd sprint, chop step, 25yd sprint back)
at 50%, 60%, 75%, 95% with 0:45 rest
2:00 rest
4x(25yd sprint, chop step, 25yd sprint back)
at 95%, 75%, 60%, 50% with 0:45 rest

2:00 rest
4x(0:20 marking shuffle, 0:20 wall sit, 0:20 throwing pivots)
2:00 rest
8x(25yd sprint, 5 clap pushups, 25yd sprint, 5 clap pushups)
at 90% with 0:45 rest

At playbook we went over some basics of handler O, cutter D. For the A-team, this weekend will be about gelling as a team, shaking off the rust, seeing some of the new guys in action, and finding that groove again. For me, this weekend will be about executing on offense, being efficient with my choices, and getting the most out of any time I spend playing defense--playing within the larger team defense but trying to take my man out of his comfort zone as much as possible. In order to prepare for these challenges, I intend to get a lot more throwing in before the weekend. Practice Thursday night is planned as a mini-tournament, so that should get me up to speed--especially with Indoor League Semifinals following.

Gearing up...

3 comments:

Brian Li said...

wheres the TiV writeup

gapoole said...

Uh, due to budget issues, we didn't get the money to go to TiV this year. But I heard the weather sucked anyway.

Brian Li said...

ya i saw zander on utlivillage

fields looked like crap