Sunday, February 15, 2009

Team Lift, Practice

Overhead squats: 8 at 45, 8 at 65, 8 at 85lb
Back squats: 3x8 at 135lb
Bench press: 2x8 at 115, 4 at 125, 5 at 115lb
Weighted calf raises: 3x10 each leg at 45lb
Medicine ball extensions: 10 each side
10 torso twists in a backhand lunge
10 torso twists in a forehand lunge

and I showed up at practice today to play. 40 degrees and not too windy. Warmup, thrower-marker drill (I felt money in this), O/D scrimmage to 3 (we won 3-0), 4-lane deep drill (the hucks sucked but otherwise it was good), O/D scrimmage to 3 (we won 3-1), punishment, O/D scrimmage to 7. We went down be a couple, ran off 3 (?) in a row to make it 6-4, let them bring it to universe point but then won with the pull play (JK to me to DB to John Liu). I felt strong in my cuts, played good D (especially on dumps), withstood some big pressure from the marine, layed out backwards for a goal that was called back on a travel (then I got open and scored anyway), got a run-through D and then threw a huck goal to JK, and in general had a lot of internal excitement that translated into calm intensity on the field. I threw two glaring turnovers, both breakmark forehands that got picked off by a poacher who was more heads-up than I had hoped--one was intended for the ace, the other was on the goal line. I'm already hungry for more.

No comments: