Thursday, October 25, 2007

Practice

Nice. Been checking Nationals updates, and it looks favorable for some of my favorites. No way I'm winning the Ultivillage fantasy pool, though, unfortunately. I just don't know enough about Sockeye and whatever team they're going to face in the finals.

But my team had practice tonight, and it was a mixed bag for me. Everything we did, I wanted to do very much: warmup, dishy, comeback, sideline dumps, scrimmage, fight club, hospital drill. I felt good in the warmup, worked fairly hard in the dishy and definitely worked in the comeback, did well in the sideline dump drills...then came the scrimmage.

We split the team into almost half, approximately O and D teams (although newer players were fairly interchangeable). I was on O, though you would not have been able to tell why based on my performance. I threw two or three bad throws to in-cuts, sort of catchable but not something you could expect the receiver to have 100%. I threw at least one awful huck, maybe more. I think my defense was tight and physical, so I'm not as unhappy about that, but the O in general for my team was just...bad.

So for the fight club, the other team started with an 8-10yd lead. I was the only one from the back group to make the first-finishing group, but it was the most difficult fight club I have ever had. The groups were 9, 9, 10, with 15 in the front line and 14 in the back...I crossed with two others, we were 7 8 9.

The hospital drill was pretty good. I did well sometimes, but the throws were often nowhere near me. Came up with a couple.

BC WINS!

No comments: