Saturday, November 15, 2008

ARJI 08

Rain, turf fields, coaching Rutgers B, fraternizing with CHS A, encouraging WHRHS, and trying to be on my own time at least half the time. I really wanted to play with the B team when they were up against zone D in crazy wind. I resisted, but made bad jokes about how they should take injury subs for me on the goal line. Good thing nobody did.

It rained hard during that Showcase Game. I really wish I could have played. But to be honest, I would have been a little psyched out--the game was very fast, mistakes were very visible, everybody was athletic and skilled, and you could tell. It wasn't like the club season, where I had a team to back me up and pick me up. But it was fun as hell to watch. I had to root for my club teammates, but I was very impressed with the high schoolers. They're going to add some serious talent to college teams next year.

1 comment:

Brian Li said...

where the hell were you when we played our west windsor game

that shit was justice